Monday 13 November 2017

Notes page 10. Why Print?



 Photo intaglio is a lengthy but exciting process.
I knew I wanted to use an autographic technique and I knew I wanted it to talk of illusion.  I also wanted to mess about with the flat plane and tone and how to break down the difference in creating tone in this process compared to drypoint for instance. I knew I wanted to work on something observational.  Not so conceptual or expressive.  I wanted to make an image.  I drew this image with graphite.  The use of tone was instinctive and I 'felt my way'.  With drypoint or similar I have to think about inventing tone with the marks available. It takes planning.




It is still.  Not in flight.  It's flat. Not folded.


My plate was so subtle I thought it wouldn't catch any ink.



I got carried away with the incidental marks.  Finger prints from latex gloves?







The rag used to clean the edges of the plate became equally intruiging.






More so than the print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic Memoir project

Over on https://spacegirlproject.blogspot.com/ I began a  blog for my developing PhD research The Graphic Memoir as a Device for Healing. I ...