Friday 17 November 2017

Notes page 12....more print


Drypoint and Photo Polymer












The drypoint process is satisfying in that it is autographic.  I made a drawing from a drawing of a walk (a remembered response to a walk).
The next step might be to get direct marks from the walks. Rubbings, tracings, casts etc. rather than impressions from memory.  The prints I made were interesting to a point but didn't provoke.  Not critical. 
Photo Polymer lines, details and tones produced are incredible and to capture resonances of the walks with this is a beautiful way to mark make but I don't feel like I'm challenging things. 

It might be more fruitful to explore further what happens when there is a distance between the drawing and the image so I can understand what characterises an immediate drawing in order to expand the conversation about what remains of the experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic Memoir project

Over on https://spacegirlproject.blogspot.com/ I began a  blog for my developing PhD research The Graphic Memoir as a Device for Healing. I ...