Sunday 29 October 2017

Notes page 6

Sunday, 29th October 2017

I don’t know why this is important but it was in my personal diary from September, perhaps it helps me think about the embodiment of walking in comparison to swimming:

The river has undertow, various currents and depths. It is not one line. Time varies, flow varies, direction is not uniform.

Swimming - the skin of the water, the shape of the liquid, the slow steady linemaking of the swimmers.  Doing nothing but swim in lines back and forth, a surface illusion of order.  The water isn’t behaving to order though, even though the currents, ripples and movements are subtle it is still happening. Acting against the ordered lines of the swimmers.


“The question expressed itself as a movement of emotion", I tried to look at this but I didn’t know what my emotions were.  You need a baseline emotion to be able to detect the other emotions ‘moving’.  Its a multiple emotion river: moving with the undertow etc.  We feel the river all at once - all the emotions (current) are present at once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic Memoir project

Over on https://spacegirlproject.blogspot.com/ I began a  blog for my developing PhD research The Graphic Memoir as a Device for Healing. I ...