Friday 9 January 2015

New Year






I'm excited.  I have dropped a day from my job and so I am galvanised, determined and full of ideas.  I promised myself I would blog every Friday come rain or shine, artist block or blank or blues.  Now there is room to breath and create.




Some lines and more lines from a morning walk....

Add caption



P.S.
One thing that I need to discuss - I started re-reading Steppenwolf over the holidays.  It's something I tried as a weird, depressed 17 year old and couldn't cope with it.   Apparently I still can't cope with it. The dark beginning coincided with my own grey, bleak reaction to life at the difficult time of Christmas (an annual affliction for me) so I sank deep down, horribly low.  I kept reading and I'm almost near the end, now completely enchanted and it's making me want to talk about it.  Has anyone experienced this bizarre and fascinating book? Is anyone nuts enough to have actually read it?!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth Happy New Year. Great photos keep posting. I read the book when i was on my Foundation year and seem to remember finding it really positive. Am I thinking of the right book. Is it not about some bloke who has shunned himself from society but then meets some woman who teaches him about the beauty of life? Dancing and shit like that! I will have to get myself a copy and have a read. Hope all is well in Totness. Love to you and your two, no doubt now, big boys. PS if you think Steppenwolf is bonkers attempt Doctor Faustuss, Herman Hesse I think, tried 3/4 times never got far! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Faustus is far too dark and scary for me...... Good to hear from you! We are all very well. Boys are huge, yeah. Love to yours, Happy New Year xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Graphic Memoir project

Over on https://spacegirlproject.blogspot.com/ I began a  blog for my developing PhD research The Graphic Memoir as a Device for Healing. I ...